Microsoft Tips, Tricks & Info
2025SEP23
Table of Contents / Source:
Windows 10 End of Life: 3 options to keep using your PC without losing your data
Although the support of Windows 10 is coming to an end, it doesn't mean you have to decommission your PC. Here are some options to consider.
Further reading:
- Windows 10 support ends soon: Here's how to keep your PC secure before October 14 - windowscentral.com
- Can't Run Windows 11? Here's What You Should Do Next - cnet.com
- Windows 10 is coming to an end: Here's how to keep your PC running - blackmarket.com
- Refurbished Windows 10 PCs on the 'Back Market' combat Microsoft's programmed obsolescence with ChromeOS and Linux - windowscentral.com
- Don’t trash your Windows 10 PC yet! Microsoft might offer a trade-in value - pcworld.com
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
I switched from Windows to Linux and made these 4 rookie mistakes - don't be like me
Now that I know I enjoy Linux Mint, I've been making the move over from Windows. However, that isn't to say I haven't made a few mess-ups here and there during my journey. So, here are some mistakes I made in making the jump that you should avoid if you plan on doing the same.
Further reading:
- Linux Mint Installation Guide - linuxmint.com
- Linux Mint Downloads - linuxmint.com
- How to easily switch your PC from Windows to Linux Mint - zdnet.com
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
More users can now download Windows 11 24H2 as Microsoft lifts yet another upgrade block
Earlier today, Microsoft confirmed DRM/HDCP video content playback issues on Windows 11 24H2 with the latest update. The company has explained what is causing the problems.
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
How to Enable the God Folder on Windows 11
If you’ve been using Windows for quite some time now, then you must have heard about God Mode. Don’t worry if you haven’t heard about it before, as I will share everything about Windows God Mode and how it completely changed the way I use my Windows PC.
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
These Windows Accessibility Shortcuts Unlock New Options for Everyone
When you think of accessibility settings, you might assume they're only meant for specific needs, but that's far from the truth. Windows offers several useful accessibility options that are ideal for customizing your PC's appearance, improving comfort, and even operating everything completely hands-free.
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
The Overlooked Windows 11 Privacy Upgrade That Just Works
I don’t like my ISP building a history of every site I visit, and I definitely don’t want this data floating around where hackers or other bad actors could intercept it, especially when using public Wi-Fi. This is why I encrypt my DNS.
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
Microsoft Edge's handy new feature will devour 12GB of RAM
- Edge beta adds on-the-fly AI audio translation for videos and other spoken media.
- The feature needs at least 12 GB RAM and a 4-core CPU, so older PCs may be left out.
- It's handy for non-native viewing but not elegant, and many lower-end machines can't run it.
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
Gemini arrives in Chrome - here's everything it can do now
The company has announced a suite of AI upgrades to its browser to save users time and frustration.
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
The Windows 11 Snipping Tool is getting a killer time-saving feature
- The new Quick Markup feature in Snipping Tool allows you to annotate screenshots before capture, but it is currently only available in the Dev/Canary branches.
- You can open Snipping Tool with Win+Shift+S, then toggle Quick Markup via toolbar or Ctrl+E to edit before saving.
- Paint gains project files and brush opacity; Notepad adds free Copilot+ AI tools, such as Summarize and Rewrite.
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
How to restart your Android phone without the power button: 2 alternative methods
There are different ways you can restart your Android phone - without pressing and holding a physical button. Here's how.