Sunday, June 15, 2025

MS_Tips Tricks & Info_2025JUN17


Microsoft Tips, Tricks & Info


2025JUN17


Table of Contents / Source:

5 Windows settings you should disable right now to improve your PC's security - tomsguide.com
5 things you should never back up to the cloud - xda-developers.com
Microsoft Releases June 2025 Patch Tuesday Updates for Windows 11 - thurrott.com
Major Windows Secure Boot flaw can be used by hackers to install bootkit malware — update your PC right now - tomsguide.com
Is Microsoft really axing Windows 10? Here’s what you need to know computerworld.com
I’ve Been Following the Windows 12 Rumors—Here’s What I Think Is Coming for Microsoft's Next OS - pcmag.com
Hackers Hate These Email Settings—Turn Them On Now - makeuseof.com
Google’s Gemini AI will summarize PDFs for you when you open them - theverge.com
Copilot Vision on Windows is Now Available in the US - thurrott.com
TSA Bans Popular Travel Item From Checked Bags—Here’s What You Need to Know - onlyinyourstate.com

5 Windows settings you should disable right now to improve your PC's security

Easy steps to help keep your computer safer.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

5 things you should never back up to the cloud

While I back up most of my data, like media and documents, I avoid storing sensitive information such as medical records, financial data, passwords, and a few other things. Below, I have listed the things you should avoid backing up into the cloud (any cloud) and why it's so important to be selective.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Microsoft Releases June 2025 Patch Tuesday Updates for Windows 11

Microsoft has just released the June 2025 Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 11 versions 24H2, 23H2, and 22H2. There are a lot of new features coming to the latest version of Windows 11...


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Major Windows Secure Boot flaw can be used by hackers to install bootkit malware — update your PC right now

New flaw leaves most modern Windows PCs vulnerable to bootkit malware.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Is Microsoft really axing Windows 10? Here’s what you need to know

Microsoft remains committed to killing off Windows 10 come October, but the situation isn't quite as black and white as it seems.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷


I’ve Been Following the Windows 12 Rumors—Here’s What I Think Is Coming for Microsoft's Next OS

More AI features and a modular design are among the biggest rumors about the yet-to-be-announced Windows 12. These are the leaks I trust.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Hackers Hate These Email Settings—Turn Them On Now

Not making an active effort to protect your emails can result in an open door that's too tempting for hackers to resist. Thankfully, switching on these settings will help to keep them out—and they don't take long to get up and running.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Google’s Gemini AI will summarize PDFs for you when you open them

New Workspace features also allow Gemini to create and summarize Google Forms.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Copilot Vision on Windows is Now Available in the US

Copilot Vision, the new feature that makes Microsoft’s AI assistant capable of seeing what’s on your screen is now available for Windows users in the US. I wrote earlier today that’s is also free to try on mobile via the Copilot app for iOS and Android, with Copilot Pro subscribers still enjoying higher usage limits.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷


TSA Bans Popular Travel Item From Checked Bags—Here’s What You Need to Know

Flying soon? TSA just banned lithium batteries from checked bags. Here’s what’s allowed and how to pack your electronics the right way.


Further reading:

  • TSA just banned popular tech necessity for travel from checked luggage - nypost.com