Monday, July 24, 2023

MS_Tips Tricks & Info_2023JUL25

 


Microsoft Tips, Tricks & Info


2023JUL25


Table of Contents / Source:

5 Ways to Transfer Files From One Computer to Another - makeuseof.com
8 ways to be more productive in Windows 11 - computerworld.com
5 Windows 11 tips I wish I knew when I first started - tomsguide.com
Outlook for Windows will replace Mail starting in August - pcworld.com
Microsoft enhances Windows 11 Phishing Protection with new features - bleepingcomputer.com
WINDOWS 11: HOW TO DOWNLOAD MICROSOFT’S LATEST OS - thetechadvocate.com
Microsoft puts a steep price on Copilot, its AI-powered future of Office documents - theverge.com
Microsoft Bing AI Now Available on Google Chrome and Safari - tech.co.
Google Messages signs onto cross-platform encrypted group chat standard- theverge.com
Samsung screen mirroring finally supports casting to a Chromecast - androidpolice.com

5 Ways to Transfer Files From One Computer to Another

Need to transfer files from one PC to another? Here's how to do that quickly and easily, using both hardware and software.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

8 ways to be more productive in Windows 11

Think Windows 11 can’t give you a productivity boost? Think again. Try these tips to get more accomplished in less time.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

5 Windows 11 tips I wish I knew when I first started

I wasn't a huge fan of the OS when I first upgraded to it from Windows 10 either, but over time I've learned to appreciate the strengths of Windows 11 and the ways in which it makes my life easier. Along the way I picked up a few tricks to make it a bit easier to use, and I'm sharing them with you in the hope that they'll make your life a bit easier too. 


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Outlook for Windows will replace Mail starting in August

Beginning in August, Microsoft is planning on phasing out the existing, free Windows Mail and Windows Calendar apps included in Windows 10 and 11, and replacing them with the new Outlook for Windows. The new app, which has been available for months on the Windows Insider upgrade channel, is also free.


Further reading:

  • MICROSOFT RETIRING WINDOWS MAIL AND CALENDAR, AUTO-MIGRATING USERS TO NEW OUTLOOK APP - onmsft.com

🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Microsoft enhances Windows 11 Phishing Protection with new features

Microsoft is further enhancing the Windows 11 Enhanced Phishing Protection by testing a new feature that warns users when they copy and paste their Windows password into websites and documents.


Further reading:

  • Windows 11 just got a big upgrade to protect you from phishing attacks — here’s how it works - tomsguide.com

🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

WINDOWS 11: HOW TO DOWNLOAD MICROSOFT’S LATEST OS

Microsoft has recently released its highly anticipated operating system, Windows 11. Packed with new features and a refreshed user interface, many users are eager to upgrade their devices. If you’re excited about trying out Windows 11 and wondering how to download it, this article will guide you through the process.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Microsoft puts a steep price on Copilot, its AI-powered future of Office documents

Microsoft is putting a price on the AI-powered future of Office documents, and it’s a steep one for businesses looking to adopt Microsoft’s latest technology. Microsoft 365 Copilot will be available for $30 per user per month for Microsoft 365 E3, E5, Business Standard, and Business Premium customers.


Further reading:

  • Microsoft 365 Copilot — a new desktop productivity revolution begins - computerworld.com
  • Microsoft’s AI-powered Copilot is coming to Microsoft Teams phone and chat - theverge.com
  • Windows 11 AI Copilot now available to try — here’s everything you can do - tomsguide.com
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Microsoft Bing AI Now Available on Google Chrome and Safari

The move should bring a big boost in users to Bing Chat, previously locked to Microsoft Edge.


Further reading:

  • Here's How You Can Use Bing AI Chat Without Microsoft Edge Browser - benzinga.com
  • AFFIRMATION FROM MICROSOFT: BING CHAT TO REMAIN A COST-FREE SERVICE - onmsft.com
  • 5 Ways ChatGPT Can Improve, Not Replace, Your Writing - wired.com

🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Google Messages signs onto cross-platform encrypted group chat standard

Google is adopting the Messaging Layer Security (MLS) protocol for its Messages app that aims to handle end-to-end encryption and support sending and receiving between supported messaging apps.


🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷


Samsung screen mirroring finally supports casting to a Chromecast

A hidden labs menu has made dreams come true.